Thursday, May 27, 2010

Flower Arranging



In amongst the pillow fluffing and cupcake frosting yesterday, I rearranged the flowers. Plastic flowers there's something so comforting in their kitsch. They remind me of my grandmothers house, they even smell the same that old plasticy smell. Years ago I bought the large vase from the local opshop and decided some plastic flowers would look great in them but couldn't find them anywhere until I searched ebay. Seems there was a rush on plastic flowers that day because I ended up paying a ridiculous amount of money for this bunch. But I love them. A good mixed bunch with even a gladioli or two. They arrived in the mail in a rather large box with $3.00 the lot written on it. Hilarious, I so didn't pay that!

So my bright blooms sit on my grandmothers dresser with its blue chippy paint which I love and reminds me of her every day. As I type this SQ and EB are winging their way home not long now. Thanks for the lovely comments yesterday xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the bunch of flowers. We have an Op shop up the road that has a whole wall full of flowers to buy. They are so cheap and I stand there every visit just staring at them. I think fake flowers are great and you've arranged them so well. It's arranging them well that I have trouble with. Just love the yellow vase.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I'll make sure to visit you in return, have a lovely day x